Reefer Systems, Inc. d/b/a Midlands Carrier Transicold, ReefCo, LLC d/b/a Carrier Transicold of Southern California and each of their respective affiliates (collectively, “Company”, “we”, and “our”), are committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website, found at https://mctcompanies.com (our “Website”), and users of our mobile applications (our “Apps”, and together with our Website, our “Platforms”). It is important that our users understand how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information (as defined below). Company has implemented technical, administrative, and physical measures to safeguard any Personal Information that we may collect.
This Privacy Notice describes our practices related to Personal Information collected through our Platforms, unless there is a separate privacy notice for a particular website or mobile application.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your Personal Information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Platforms. By accessing or using our Platforms, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This Notice may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Notice). Your continued use of any of our Platforms after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Platforms, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, or telephone number (“Personal Information”);
- That is about you, but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platforms, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to Company, such as submitting a form or request;
- When you register a product with Company, in which case we may also ask you to provide information about the product you are registering (e.g., a device identifier) or the person or company that installed or maintains it; or
- Automatically as you navigate through our Platforms. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
We strive to make it transparent how we collect your Personal Information and to give you opportunities to decide how to provide it. However, if you choose not to provide any of the Personal Information requested, we may be unable to complete your transaction or provide the information, services, or products you requested.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Platforms, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Web Beacons. Our Platforms may also use web beacons. A web beacon is usually a pixel on a website that can be used to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are used in combination with cookies, which means that, if you turn off your browser’s cookies, the web beacons will not be able to track your activity. The web beacon will still count as a website visit, but your unique information will not be recorded.
- IP Addresses. An Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. Company may collect and keep track of IP addresses to, among other things, maintain our Platforms’’ safety and security, troubleshoot technical issues, and better understand how our Platforms are used.
- Log Files. Company (or third parties on behalf of Company) may collect information in the form of log files that are recording our Platforms’ activities and statistics about web users’ habits. Log files are used for internal purposes only.
- Social Network Information. Social network information is any information that you permit a third party social network to share with third party application developers such as Company. Social network information includes any information that is part of your profile on a third party social network. Such social network may include, but is not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Google+. To find out how your information from a social network may be obtained by us (or other third party application developers), please go on the settings page of the relevant social network. Furthermore, you acknowledge that we may use your Personal Information to match information with a social network for advertising purposes. Company cannot make assurances about the security of information that you share with third parties, including information you share with social media sites.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
How We Use Your Information
Our purpose in collecting your information is to provide customized services and content relevant to your specific needs and interests. Your information may be used by Company to carry out our contractual obligations, authenticate you as a user, allow you access to certain areas of our Platforms, or allow you to apply for a position at Company.
Except where used in support of a contract with you or to fulfill a legal obligation, our use of your Personal Information will be only for legitimate business interests as set out below. Personal Information collected on our Platforms may be used to:
- Conduct basic business operations, such as communicate with customers and business planning;
- Provide investor services;
- Provide requested information, items, or services;
- Respond to your request or further process your submitted form;
- Advertise products, services, promotions, and events relating to Company;
- Improve our products, services, Platforms;
- Verify your identity to ensure security for one of the other purposes listed here;
- Analyze your behavior on our Platforms;
- Obtain your location data in order to provide requested information or services;
- Protect against fraud or investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- Develop new offerings, improve the quality of our products, improve and personalize user experience, and better prepare future content based upon your interests and those of our general user population;
- Respond to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators; or
- Conduct investigations to ensure compliance with, and comply with, legal obligations.
Company may use the Personal Information you provide to contact you about products, services, promotions, special offers, surveys, and other information that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive such communications, please use the “unsubscribe” function within our Platforms, or let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.
Company will ensure that any marketing communications sent by electronic means will provide a simple method for you to opt-out or unsubscribe. Please note that if you unsubscribe from marketing communications, you may continue to receive communications about our account or transactions with us.
We will also use your Personal Information to contact you in response to a direct inquiry or if you register to receive communications on any of our Platforms.
How We Share Your Information
Company may share your Personal Information with its affiliated companies and subsidiaries, such as companies in which Company has control, through either direct or indirect ownership for the purposes set out above.
In addition, Company will provide access to or share Personal Information on an as-needed basis with third parties, such as trusted service providers, consultants and contractors who are granted access to Company facilities and systems or which provide services to Company, and with government agencies and others as required by law. In particular, Company will only share your Personal Information outside Company to:
- Service providers, dealers, distributors, agents or contractors that Company has retained to perform services on our behalf. Company will only share your Personal Information with third parties whom Company has contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements;
- Comply with legal obligations, including but not limited, to complying with tax and regulatory obligations, sharing data with labor/trade unions and works councils, and responding to a court proceeding or a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
- Investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- Prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
- Support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
Company is committed to ensuring the security and integrity of your Personal Information. Company has adopted reasonable physical, technical, and administrative procedures to safeguard your Personal Information. However, due to the nature of Internet communications, we cannot guarantee or warrant that your transmission to us is secure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platforms, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
The Personal Information you provide to Company is only kept for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, taking into account our need to comply with contractual obligations, resolve customer service issues, comply with legal requirements, and provide new or improved products and services to users. This means that we may retain your Personal Information for a reasonable period, not to exceed one (1) year, after you have stopped using our Platforms. After this period, your Personal Information will be deleted from all systems of Company without notice.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may request to access, update, correct, change, or delete your Personal Information at any time. Company will use reasonable efforts to timely update and/or remove your Personal Information. To protect the user’s privacy and security, Company will take steps to verify the user’s identity before making any requested access or change. To access, update, correct, change, or delete your Personal Information, to ask questions or to raise concerns regarding data protection and privacy, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may decline a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Some of our Platforms, including our social media accounts, may allow you to make corrections directly at the site without need to further contact Company.
Third Party Links
In some instances, Company may provide links to non-Company controlled websites, which Company will make reasonable efforts to identify as such. Company does not control such third party websites and cannot be responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other websites. Furthermore, this Privacy Notice does not govern information collected about you by third parties. It is important to review the privacy practices of these third parties, which include, but may not be limited to:
- Any social media sites used by Company.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Platforms are intended for visitors who are at least 18 years of age, or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. Company does not knowingly solicit information from, or market products or services to, children.
If you do not meet the age requirements set out above, please do not enter your Personal Information on any of our Platforms.
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a resident of California, effective January 1, 2020, you have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), including the right to:
- Know what categories of personal information about you we have collected and used, including how the personal information was collected and the purpose for the collection and use;
- Know what categories of personal information are being sold or disclosed to third parties and, if sold or disclosed, the categories of third parties receiving it;
- Access specific personal information collected about you; and
- Request that your personal information be deleted.
Requests to exercise rights under the CCPA are subject to verification by Company and are also subject to certain restrictions provided by the CCPA. We will not discriminate against California residents for exercising any of their applicable CCPA rights. While California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information under CCPA, Company does not sell personal information to third parties. If our practices change, we will update this Privacy Notice and take any necessary action to comply with applicable law.
California residents who wish to exercise their CCPA rights can contact Company at email@example.com. You can also contact us at 402-895-5500. When contacting us to exercise your rights, please put “California Privacy Rights” in the subject and body of your request and describe the nature of your request.
Annually California residents may request and obtain information that Company shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year (as defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law”). If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of Personal Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which Company shared this information in the immediately preceding calendar year. To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line as well as in the body of your message.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
As Company expands and improves the Platforms, or as legal requirements change, we may need to update this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may be modified from time to time without prior notice. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice on a regular basis for any changes. The date of the latest version will be identified at the bottom of the policy.
If you have any comments or questions or if there are other things we can do to maximize the value of our Platforms, please email the Office Administrator, ANelson@mctcompanies.com.
If you wish to access, correct, update, or erase your Personal Information, or if you have questions about Company’s privacy practices in general or a complaint, please email email@example.com.
Last updated: 1.17.22