- Advanced Li-ion Technology: The ComfortPro® electric auxiliary power unit (APU) with li-ion batteries (250ION) significantly outperforms conventional electric APU runtime and battery life, providing quiet, emissions-free performance with minimal maintenance.
- Less, Yet More: Using proprietary power-management technology, two li-ion batteries do more than the work of four AGM batteries, achieving 17 hours of continuous air conditioning under certain real-world conditions, the longest of any electric APU. That’s double the runtime of some competitive models and 50% more runtime than our AGM-battery model, while trimming APU weight by 26%.
- Purpose-built Batteries: Advanced li-ion batteries are engineered specifically for APU applications. An extremely power-dense and durable solution, they charge faster and experience less power degradation over time compared to conventional batteries. Warrantied for worry-free performance for five years, outlasting some fleet trade cycles.
- Fuel Savings: Fuel savings and compliance with anti-idling regulations are immediate as soon as the truck engine is shut off and the ComfortPro electric APU is turned on.
- Low Maintenance System: With few moving parts compared to diesel APUs, ComfortPro electric APUs minimize maintenance expenses.
- Faster ROI: Compared to a diesel APU, the li-ion ComfortPro electric APU has a lower total cost of ownership resulting in faster ROI.*
Lithium Ion Electric Auxiliary Power Unit
Quiet, Emission-Free Cooling
Maximum Runtime, Battery Life and ROI
Brochure downloadsLithium Ion Electric APU Brochure PDF
|Electric APU (Auxiliary Power Unit)|
|Batteries||Two 12.8 V li-ion batteries with 5-year warranty|
|Compressor||Fully sealed electric compressor|
|Dimensions||21.5" x 25.2"x 28.1" (638 x 640 x 714 mm)|
|Weight with Batteries||347 lbs.|
|Under Bunk Climate Control Unit|
|Air conditioning||7,500 BTU/hr.|
|Dimensions||15" x 9.6" x 12.5"|
|Control Panel Configurable Features:|
|Programmable heat and cool|
|Energy-saving Comfort Monitor mode|
|APU battery charge monitor|
|Configurable Cabin Pre-Cool Lock to extend battery life|
|Accessories and Options|
|Fuel-fired air heater 7,000 BTU/hr. – keeps cab warm in colder ambients|
|Fuel-fired coolant heater with engine warming 17,200 BTU/hr.- adds engine pre-heat capability|
|Shore power adapter – enables the APU to switch over to 110/120 – volt household power for operation and battery charging|
|Inverter for 120 VAC hotel loads|